Default security functions on an IPv6 CPE

Rémi Després remi.despres at free.fr
Fri May 13 10:03:23 CEST 2011

Le 12 mai 2011 à 18:11, Doug Barton a écrit :

> On 05/12/2011 09:01, Rémi Després wrote:
>> Remember that:
>> - Free has successfully shipped for more than 3 years CPE's that are fully
>
> And with all due respect to the work that you(pl.) have been doing, there isn't enough IPv6 penetration in the rest of the world to make your experience useful in terms of this question.

Some experience is better than none.
Saying this one it isn't "useful" is IMHO too negative.

> We need to start adjusting our thinking to IPv6 becoming _the_ network,

Agreed.

> rather than a hobbyist's toy.

I don't think it has been used as a toy.
It has been a way to validate that IPv6 could work effectively and seamlessly, and thus prepare for when new customer sites don't get global IPv4 addresses.
More experience will bring new facts, that's normal, but past experience is worth looking at.

Regards,
RD