Question Re: best practices

Doug Junkins junkins at foghead.com
Mon May 9 19:56:38 CEST 2011

Tex,

Long time, no talk. Take a look at IVI which, in the direction you're talking about (i.e. IPv4 client initiated connections) has the benefit of being able to do IPv4 <--> IPv6 translation statelessly. Of course, you have to allocate a block of IPv4 addresses for your server pool, but it _may_ be possible to hash the source port number to allow a better than 1:1 ration of servers to IPv4 addresses.

	http://www.ivi2.org/

CERNET is running this on an academic/test network in China.

-Doug Junkins