Default security functions on an IPv6 CPE

Cameron Byrne cb.list6 at gmail.com
Fri May 6 17:40:43 CEST 2011

On May 6, 2011 7:24 AM, <Guillaume.Leclanche at swisscom.com> wrote:

> [...]
arguments we have internally :)

> I like this suggestion from Mike, I believe it sounds like a reasonable
compromise.

> What do you all think about the proposal ? (keep in mind we're talking
here only about the default configuration !)

This also keeps us locked into tcp/udp and breaks sctp and other forward
looking evolutions of ip transport ... also likely broken are multicast,
ipsec, mobile ip, ...

The spi pushers have forced tcp/80 to be THE Internet transport.... and
tcp/80 is now ....too big to fail ...so now the firewall has to do dpi ....
and that is an expensive arms race.

Cb