blocking rogue router advertisements on switches

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Fri May 6 12:52:42 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Fri, 06 May 2011, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

> Den 5. mai 2011 18:55 skrev Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie> følgende:
> > We use D-Link switches a fair bit which don't have IPv6 support per se, but
> > do have "packet content" filters (I think they may mean frame content).
>
> This is interesting; what model number is this? I couldn't find
> anything in the DGS-3100 manual, at least.

I hadn't looked on our DGS-3100 switches yet.  However, we have used it on
DES-3250 and DES-3010F and I'm pretty certain this facility exists on
DES-35xx too.  The DGS-3100 seems to have a different firmware to those at
least judging by the command line interface.

We may be out of luck on this model.  The command line completion only
offers to create "ethernet" or "ip" access_profiles.  It doesn't seem to
offer the "packet content" type.

I wonder could D-Link be convinced to add this feature as they have it in
so many of their other models and it would be useful with IPv6 unsupported
otherwise.

Gavin

--
Gavin McCullagh