Virtual hosting provider Linode announces v6 support

Cameron Byrne cb.list6 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 16:31:28 CEST 2011

On May 4, 2011 12:17 AM, "Roger Jørgensen" <roger at jorgensen.no> wrote:

> On tir, mai 3, 2011 23:02, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> > On 5/3/2011 13:50, nick hatch wrote:
> >> http://blog.linode.com/2011/05/03/linode-launches-native-ipv6-support/
> >> http://www.linode.com/IPv6/
> >>

> > Only a /128 and they charge for more? Ugh, IPv4-think prevails, I
> > suppose. I guess it's slightly better than nothing.
>
> http://www.vr.org/ also give you IPv6, 5 /128 and charges nothing, and
> don't look like they charge for the next 5 either.

Really. I am surprised this is seen as a big deal. Softlayer and arp
networks both provided a full /64 .... no charge ...

There are options .... people can sell what they want and you can buy what
you want.

That said, lets get away from what is right and wrong.  If it's the right
service at the right price, go with it.
You do have options.

Funny that 3gpp requires all phones to have /64 .... no options.

Cb