Cogent and Google no longer peered via IPv6

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Wed May 4 15:29:37 CEST 2011

* Frank Bulk

> Yes, we're receiving 15169 from Cogent.

Hi Frank,

In Oslo we don't:

tore at cr2> show route aspath-regex 174.*15169.* table inet6.0 all

inet6.0: 5570 destinations, 11272 routes (5569 active, 0 holddown, 1 hidden)

tore at cr2>

Traceroutes from all PoPs available at
<http://www.cogentco.com/en/network/looking-glass> to www.google.com's
IPv6 address all result in a !H error. Where do you take transit from
them from?

I opened a ticket with them about it and so far I've only gotten a
boiler-plate answer that does not at all shed any light on the
situation, considering that they used to carry those routes before.

So either there's some kind of technical problem going on, or one
network depeered the other. Considering that Cogent seems unable or
unwilling to give a clear answer, I have my suspicions...

* eu-support at cogentco.com

--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com