Verizon Thunderbolt

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Mon Mar 21 16:25:58 CET 2011

On 3/18/2011 1:10 PM, Ben Jencks wrote:
> Now that Verizon LTE has a phone, does anyone know if it does dual-stack on the WAN side like their USB dongles do? If so, I think that would make it the first Android device to support IPv6 on the baseband...

  I don't have one (I'm not on Verizon), but I asked an online cohort of
mine (who got one last week) to hit a dual-stacked URL while on 4G.  Her
first hit (when she got my message) was IPv4, but she tried again (I'm
guessing this time in 4G) and it was, indeed, via IPv6, from the
2600:1000::/28 block.
  Very awesome news for both Android and IPv6.

      Jima