IPv6 dynamic DNS services?

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Sun Mar 13 13:24:58 CET 2011

On 09.03.2011 08:02, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Why is it needed? AFAIK, the only provider having even announced to
> give out changing IPv6 addresses is Deutsche Telekom, and they won't
> be operational 'til end-of-year. Or am I wrong?

AFAIK, even they will hand out pseudo-static adresses, i.e. you will
*usually* get the same address, but there's no *guarantee*. And most
other providers will providers will do just the same (at least for DSL,
I don't know about cable providers). As you'll get no notification of an
address change, there's definitely a need for a dyndns6 service.