IPv6 dynamic DNS services?

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Tue Mar 8 23:14:25 CET 2011

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 09:57:37PM +0000, Daniel Austin wrote:
> I have a dyndns service on dyndns.co.uk - but its private (and no web-based
> admin, or website at all actually).
> It doesn't do IPv6 right now, but would take very little effort for me to
> update it to support it.  (currently my service has unix-based client
> software only as it's only really in use for friends)
>
> If there were sufficient call for it, I don't mind putting some extra
> effort into getting it up and running with IPv6 support.

Thanks for your offer. Perhaps I should have mentioned the background of
my question:

We were asking CPE router vendors about IPv6 DynDNS support. They came
back to us with "show us a service supporting IPv6 and we'll look at
it". I was surprised that there ain't such thing at the moment.

I'm not looking for something for myself, but something to ask vendors
to implement in CPE routers deployed in mass to residential users...

This would definately require some long-term support commitment I
guess. :-)

Not trying to shy you away! :] It would probably be easiest if the
update interface follows same protocol/syntax like DynDNS.com's
service so they don't have to actually change that part of the code.

Best regards,
Daniel