Curious choices made by Cisco/Tandberg

Ignatios Souvatzis ignatios at cs.uni-bonn.de
Fri Mar 4 11:50:30 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011 at 10:35:56AM -0500, Bill Owens wrote:

> IPv4: IP version 4 is supported.
> IPv6: IP version 6 is supported. The IPv4 settings (IP Address, IP Subnet Mask and Gateway) will be disabled.

That's similar for SNOM telephones. If you want to configure IPv6, the
first step is to disable DHCP/IPv4.

At least in the current firmware versions, they claim they don't block
IPv6 on the "through" port any longer like the version I tested a year
ago. (Well, at least they claim that; I didn't test yet.)

(Actually: they did not properly bridge, and the multicasts needed for
NDP and router advertizements didn't go through.)

Regards,
	-is