[ipv6-ops] Experiences with IPv6 peering?

Aaron Hughes aaronh at bind.com
Wed Mar 2 17:35:07 CET 2011

Chase,

This is not typical and is only (afaik) a problem with Cogent and HE being in a stand off. As things stand today, there is no tier1 IPv6 provider. H.E. is the closest and most complete routing table. Luckily if you are at just about any peering point in the world, you can pick up the rest of the table quite easily.

http://www.peeringdb.com/view.php?asn=6939

Hopefully Cogent and H.E. will come to some flavor of agreement before we all have to deal with the split IPv6 Internet we do today.. Personally, I believe Cogent will lose this battle.

Cheers,
Aaron

--

Aaron Hughes
aaronh at bind.com
+1-831-824-4161
Key fingerprint = AD 67 37 60 7D 73 C5 B7 33 18 3F 36 C3 1C C6 B8
http://www.bind.com/