From the dualstack-is-fun department...

Erik Kline ek at google.com
Tue Mar 1 23:58:17 CET 2011

> I am not saying HE is bad in any way, i am just saying we need to go
> real slow and be VERY grounded in reality.  The only way i can think
> to do that is to add MUST NOT be on by default.  HE is a good
> work-around *NOT A FIX* for broken connections.... and masking issues
> is only ok for a short time if we are really going to follow-up and
> fix it.  That said, lets wait for symptoms before applying the
> tourniquet, and yes, HE is a tourniquet... but hopefully only cutting
> off circulation on a per destination basis for a short amount of time.

The cat may be most of the way out of the bag on this one.  Browsers
are already/starting to do multi-connect and take the fastest
connection.  Multi-protocol multi-connect isn't a huge philosophical
leap.  And that's not all that indistinguishable from HE minus P value
learning.  No opinion here, just an observation.