1000 localhosts in DNS

Ryan Rawdon ryan at u13.net
Thu Jun 23 19:30:05 CEST 2011

I noticed this the other day with a bunch of domains that my employer has parked with GoDaddy.  They control the DNS for parked domains and return an AAAA of ::1 for all parked domains.   I called to ask them to remove this for our parked domains and they insisted that it doesn't cause a problem and added that the record can't be removed as they return the same answers for all parked domains.

(My request is currently pending escalation with another group after the frontline and a tech he spoke to insisted that this was intentional and correct behavior)