Platform feature development for Cisco 7200 has ended, meaning open IPv6-related features will not be performed

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Tue Jun 21 12:32:02 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:13:35PM +0200, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2011, Florian Lohoff wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 05:09:25PM -0500, Frank Bulk wrote:
> >>Yes, SRE3 does support DHCPv6-PD with automatic route insertion.
> >>
> >>This abandonment won't be forgotten at product selection time.  What's
> >>another BRAS platform worth looking at?
> >
> >Redback now Ericsson Smartedge
>
> No, it's not worth looking at. Software Q&A is ... err...
> noexisting. Stay away at all cost. It was bad when Redback was
> Redback, it got worse when Ericsson bought them and a lot of people
> left.

An interesting point is that in Germany the big 3 all bought Redback.
Vodafone, German Telekom and Telefonica all bought them. Back then i was
with Telefonica and i cant complain about the Redback time. When Ericsson
bought it they had a deep quality dip while trying to push all the
mobile stuff into the Smartedge. It got better afterwards. I agree that
Ericsson is a difficult company to deal with ...

Flo