Youtube over IPv6 for non-whitelist users?

Harald Firing Karlsen maillist at thelan.no
Mon Jun 20 12:39:25 CEST 2011

On 20.06.2011 12:20, Mark Smith wrote:
> I'm currently on the end of a 6to4 tunnel and I've configured my Linux
> box to prefer tunnelled IPv6 over native IPv4, and I'm in the asia
> pacific. I've had no issues what so ever with the youtube content being
> delivered over IPv6, including 1080p videos.
>
> Here's quite a spectacular 1080p video to test with.
>
> http://youtu.be/Cj6ho1-G6tw?hd=1
I get the same issue with this video now. 720p loads very slow and the
video lags while 1080p loads fast and the movie loads within a few seconds.
The 720p video loads from 2a00:1450:4005:1::23 and the 1080p video loads
from 2a00:1450:4005:1::20.

I run native IPv6 and we got a direct peering link with Google.

Cool video by the way. Takes some time, dedication and guts to pull that
off. :-)

--
Harald F. Karlsen