Facebook over IPv6

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Sat Jun 11 20:51:33 CEST 2011

On 6/11/2011 11:41 AM, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 6/11/2011 11:36 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>> If THEY want ME to do something to HELP THEM, then they need to
>> have requirements that make sense TO ME.
>>
>> When Google starts paying me money to run my network then they
>> can have the sort of control over it that allows them to dictate
>> non-standard "solutions" such as running multiple nameservers.

>> Google is attempting to pressure ISPs to do non-standard things
>> to make it easier for Google. They don't get the privilege to
>> do this unless they are paying those ISPs.
>
> Ted, I think we get your point. :) What you don't seem to grasp is that
> google's perspective is 180 degrees opposite of yours. (Not saying one
> side or the other is "right" here, FWIW.) If you don't want to play by
> their rules, don't. No worries. Can we move on now?

Just a hypothetical question for you:

If everyone on the list agrees that the waterboarding people is bad and
nobody speaks up, then why wouldn't the Bush administration believe that
everyone isn't all peachy keen with it?

Substitute "whitlisting IPv6" for "waterboarding people" and "Google"
for "the Bush administration" and I think you get my point.

Every once in a while, you have to hose out the manure pile in barn with
truth, partner, otherwise everyone forgets how bad it stinks.

Ted