Google Chrome updates over v6?

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Wed Jun 8 22:44:14 CEST 2011

I came across a news article saying that Google had dropped version 12 of Chrome today, so I checked and sure enough my copy had already updated and was patiently waiting for me to restart.

http://chrome.blogspot.com/2011/06/chrome-12-safer-and-snazzier.html

Daring of them to release today, don't you think? Anyway, I can't tell for sure where the new version is downloaded from, but the version check process hits tools.l.google.com, which has v6. We saw a couple of sudden spikes in v6 usage today, one at about 1415 EDT and another at 1450-1500, and I was wondering whether they might have been Chrome updates being pushed out. Anybody see anything similar on their graphs?

Bill.