Facebook and IPv6 Day

Will Lawton wlawton at fb.com
Wed Jun 8 17:32:03 CEST 2011

The goal for 'today' was to get IPv6 enabled, not to move from v4 to v6. Getting the entire site working under IPv6 was a much larger task than any one engineer was able to drive at this time.

We will continue to work towards getting all of the backing code able to support an entire IPv6 supported site, but for now it is dual-stack and still requires some IPv4 connectivity.

-Will