How to advertise IPV6 prefixs over IPV4 BGP Session

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Wed Jun 8 16:30:38 CEST 2011

On Jun 8, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Herlianto wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I need your advice how to advertise iPV6 prefixs over IPV4 bgp Session.
>
> Just now, Akamai team ask to advertise IPV6 prefixs that will be used for Woorld IPV6 day over Existing IPV4 BGP Session.

Just add the IPv6 unicast address family to that neighbor.  Don't forget IPv6 specific route-maps or prefix-lists or whatever you use.
Ask your Akamai contact for examples, I'm sure they'd be happy to help.

Note that this BGP session isn't used for routing purposes.... you can think of it as a convenient method of communicating an ACL :)