Test your connectivity for World IPv6 Day

Rémi Després remi.despres at free.fr
Mon Jun 6 22:17:11 CEST 2011

Le 6 juin 2011 à 21:38, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) a écrit :

> OTOH, if 'we' do not test IPv6 to 1500 bytes on Wednesday, then when could we try? Or do we really want to be stuck with 1280 byte for ever?
>
> Rémi, usually I am also advocating 1280 MTU on the server side, but, for W6D I would make an exception :-)

Fixing known problems of PMTU discovery before trying to do better than 1280 is an alternative that I recommend, especially for servers that have important contents to deliver.

Being unable to work with some servers even though path MTU's to them are well beyond 1280 is IMHO a pity, especially if the  solution is known and easy to implement.

In any case, that's a choice for each one to make.
I just express an opinion, with no personal stake.
It is based on a preference that the W6D could show that IPv6 can now be safely used, with no need to turn it off after W6D.

Regards,
RD