Test your connectivity for World IPv6 Day

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Wed Jun 1 18:04:54 CEST 2011

Problem solved after doing some sniffing. A lot of IPv6 packets were
blocked by the modem's (Zyxel) firewall.

The reason Chromium was "working" fine is because it was using IPv4 in
order to connect to the dual-stack sites included in eyechart. As
someone else pointed before, it would be good to have IPv4/IPv6
differentiation shown.

For everyone interested, from http://codereview.chromium.org/7029049

When a hostname has both IPv6 and IPv4 addresses, and the IPv6 address
is listed first, we start a timer (300ms) (deliberately chosen to be
different from the backup connect job). If the timer fires, that means
the IPv6 connect() hasn't completed yet, and we start a second socket
connect() where we give it the same AddressList, except we move all IPv6
addresses that are in front of the first IPv4 address to the end. That
way, we will use the first IPv4 address. We will race these two
connect()s and pass the first one to complete to ConnectJob::set_socket().

--
Tassos