Fortigate and IPv6 RA

Ulrich Hauser uha-list at gmx.net
Fri Jul 15 18:48:46 CEST 2011

Hello Ido,

we are running IPv6 on our test firewall with 4.0 MR3 (without Patch 1) yet.
We are using a VLAN interface with IPv6 only. We are providing IPv6 addresses using DHCPv6 configured on this Fortigate, too. If you only want to use SLAAC you have to remove the lines with manage-flag and other-flag. Hopefully I remember this correct.....

    edit "internal801"
        set vdom "root"
            config ipv6
                set ip6-address 2001:db8:44:801::1/64
                set ip6-allowaccess ping
                set ip6-manage-flag enable
                set ip6-other-flag enable
                    config ip6-prefix-list
                        edit 2001:db8:44:801::/64
                            set autonomous-flag enable
                            set onlink-flag enable
                            set preferred-life-time 3600
                            set valid-life-time 86400
                        next
                    end
                set ip6-send-adv enable
            end
        set interface "dmz1"
        set vlanid 801
    next

By the way: do you see any lines with IPv6 addresses in local trafic log on the Fortigate?

Have fun.

Regards
Ulrich