Cisco IOS and IPv6 TACACS+

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 23:28:09 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Roger Wiklund <roger.wiklund at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just setup tac_plus server on a linux box. According to the
> release notes this software supports IPv4 and IPv6.
> I have it working using IPv4 to my 2800 running advipservice 12.4(22)T5.
>
> However, on the 2800 I have no TACACS commands that relate to IPv6...
>
> router(config)#tacacs-server host ?
>  Hostname or A.B.C.D  IP address of TACACS server
>  <cr>
>
> I've looked at the Cisco Feature Navigator but cannot find anything re
> TACACS+ and IPv6.
>
> Anyone have TACACS+ running with IPv6 that can shed some light on this?

Found it.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/configuration/guide/ip6-adsl_dial.html

TACACS+ over IPv6

15.1(1)S

TACACS+ over IPv6 is supported.

The following section provides information about this feature.

•TACACS+ Over an IPv6 Transport

•Configuring TACACS+ over IPv6

The following commands were introduced or modified by this feature:
aaa group server tacacs+, address ipv6 (TACACS+), ipv6 tacacs
source-interface, key (TACACS+), port (TACACS+), server name (IPv6
TACACS+), server-private (TACACS+), single-connection, tacacs server,
timeout (TACACS+).

15.1(1)S - 7600, thanks Cisco ...