2001:5c0::/32 HEXAGO-V6-NET1 Hexago/GoGo6/Freenet6 prefix revoked by ARIN

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Fri Jan 21 13:03:11 CET 2011

Hi,

As per below, in November 2010 I already mentioned the below. I've done
some inquiries and it seems indeed that there is no error here, the
Hexago/Freenet6/Gogo6/nameoftheday prefix (2001:5c0::/32) has been
revoked, apparently there are three possible reasons for this:

 - the registrant returned it to ARIN;
 - the registrant failed to pay its bill; or
 - the registration was reclaimed due to fraud.

according to the ARIN website.

As there are several people who are providing 'transit' for this prefix
on this list, could they contact their peers and especially the
originators of prefixes in 2001:5c0::/32 or more specifics to ask them
what is up with this, and actually as the prefix is not assigned to
Gogo6 anymore already for two months stop propagating this prefix?

Yes, indeed, there is quite a valuable service running on 2001:5c0::/32,
but effectively that address space is unassigned and thus "illegally"
advertised. As such, can folks at least contact the people who originate
it and let them resolve those matters, which most likely just involve
paying bills...

Greets,
 Jeroen

 (who dreams of RPSL and possibly better some routing security)