Linux IPv6 router table size.

Martin Millnert martin at millnert.se
Sun Jan 16 01:32:59 CET 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 01:11 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 22:40, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
>
> > If it's a sysctl setting that can easily be changed from userspace then I
> > don't see what the fuzz is all about, if you need it to be higher you just
> > increase it.
>
> No fuzz, just a bug and inconsistency when compared to IPv4 handling.
> And even though I don't have any Linux machines with a full table at
> the moment, I am happy to have heard about it as it's non-obvious.
>

> Richard

Inconsistency indeed:
anticimex at natalie:~$ cat /proc/sys/net/ipv{4,6}/route/max_size
524288
4096
anticimex at natalie:~$ echo 4096*4 | bc
16384

Now this is on a Debian Squeeze 2.6.32-5-686, and I don't know if this
is compile time variables or not.  But it does seem a bit out of sync
(as it should be, just a bit too much out of sync).

Cheers,
--
Martin Millnert <martin at millnert.se>