Using an *external* DHCPv6 server for prefix-delegation in conjunction with PPPoE

Per Carlson pelle at hemmop.com
Sat Jan 15 07:01:02 CET 2011

> The part I meant about "all happens automatically" was the LAN interface
> sharing the use of the delegated prefix, a part of which you already used
on
> the WAN interface.
>
> My guess is that you just need to add "ipv6 dhcp client pd <dhcp-prefix>"
> the LAN interface.

No, the PD client should only run on the WAN interface. Use the command you
just described. Note that <dhcp-prefix> is just a name, e.g. PREFIX, PD, or
myprefix.

On the LAN you apply the delegated prefix with a command like " ipv6 address
<dhcp-prefix> 0:0:0:1::/64 eui-64". This gives you the second (0:0:0:0:: is
the first) /64 out of the delegation.

--
Pelle