World IPv6 Day?

Graham Beneke graham at neology.co.za
Thu Jan 13 16:55:18 CET 2011

On 12/01/2011 21:21, Hannigan, Martin wrote:
> On 1/12/11 1:44 PM, "Gert Doering"<gert at space.net>  wrote:
>> So yes, movement is needed, and urgently so - but this has the feeling of
>> "hey, we got another excuse for not doing anything serious for another
>> 6 months".
>>
>> mixed feelings...
>
> Its a pretty serious endeavor. I think we're lockstep with how transition is
> going to play out to be honest. You really can't ask for more.

In hindsight it would have been great if someone had this idea a little
sooner. I think, however, that there will be two specific benefits to this:

* We now have a 'flag day', a deadline that we can all work towards and
an exit strategy at the end of 24 hours for those who wish to use it.

* A joint motivation to spend a day fixing the IPv6 brokeness that is
plaguing the dark corners of the Internet

--
Graham Beneke