IPv6-capable 10G switches

Songkrant Muneenaem songkrant.m at psu.ac.th
Tue Jan 11 17:15:59 CET 2011

Tore Anderson <tore.anderson <at> redpill-linpro.com> writes:

<cut>

> I also spoke with an Arista rep, who could confirm what Marco was saying
> - IPv6 support is currently scheduled for 2H2011.  But he did also hint
> that it might be possible to get it bumped to 1H2011 if necessary to win
> some business.
>
> Best regards,

> On 1/10/2011 4:57 PM, Yajian Huang wrote:
 Dear K.Eknat,

 7100 now support software/CPU based IPv6 static routing for inband or
 outband management. The hardware based static/ospf IPv6 routing will
 be supported early 2012.

 7100 is hardware ready. Customer will just need to upgrade the
 software to support hardware based IPv6 routing.

 Please let me know if you have more questions.

 Best regards
 --
 Yajian (Y.J.)
 Systems Engineer
 email: yj at aristanetworks.com
 phone: +65-98318367

So it will be about 1H2012 to have static/ospf IPv6 routing...

FYI (^_^) Songkrant