Greenfield IPv4 + IPv6 broadband deployment

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 21:16:19 CET 2011

Frank,

The pending RFC spec for domestic/SOHO IPv6 CPE is a router.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/search/?name=draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-cpe-router&rfcs=on&activeDrafts=on

I've seen plenty of domestic NATs mis-sold as "routers" and I think those
vendors will have little choice but to actually deliver routers for IPv6.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter