Dual stack hotspot/captive portal

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Feb 24 02:30:32 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011, Ben Jencks wrote:

> DHCPv6 is not an option; there are too many operating systems in wide
> use that have no support for it.

Long term I think this is the only way to go, though. Right now, I agree
with you.

Otoh if you require DHCPv6 then non-windows users will either have to
install it (can be done with OSX and Ubuntu for instance) or they won't
get IPv6. This way you'll spread the use of DHCPv6.

Windows Vista and Win7 supports it just fine afaik, and my Ubuntu box does
it as well after I just did "apt-get install wide-dhcpv6-client".

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se