Dual stack hotspot/captive portal

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Wed Feb 23 18:44:31 CET 2011

Le 11-02-23 12:39, Ben Jencks a écrit :
> Does anyone have experience setting up dual stack captive portal systems, e.g. for wireless hotspots?

I'm involved in a community that has developed and deployed large
installations of captive wifi systems (wifidog.org). A new rewrite is
being done (called authpuppy) and IPv6 is actually being discussed.
however, currently no design document or else. work in progress.

Apart from you are saying, there are additional issues: it also depends
on how the captive portal works with connecting to external servers for
authentication before full access. And how dhcpv6-pd is going to be
implemented. more work...

Marc.

--
=========