Acceptable prefix sizes for Windows Vista/7

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Wed Feb 16 14:21:37 CET 2011

Yeah, that was screwed up in wide-dhcp in linux too. You had to specify
the number of bits for it to determine how to divide up the delegation
for assignment, otherwise it divided it equally between all interfaces.
The problem is, you don't know the prefix ahead of time. It's backwards
logic. They should have supported specifying the final size (which
normally would be /64) and then calculated the bit difference themselves.

Jack (wonder if netgear used wide-dhcp)