ipv6 next-hop link-local

Andrew Yourtchenko ayourtch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 22:46:56 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:22 PM, Daniel Roesen <dr at cluenet.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:15:21PM +0100, Andrew Yourtchenko wrote:
>> if you are to configure the addresses manually anyway - you could
>> manually configure the link-locals (too|instead) ?
>
> Why should I use link-locals then at all? :)

Cheaper than iACLs in protecting the infrastructure links from remote
experimenters ? ;-)

> Static routes also cross administrative boundaries. You don't want to
> rely on your remote party to nail their LLs too, do you? :-)

If their gear supports it - why not ? One way or another they have to
nail the anchor for the next hop and tell it to me (besides the p2p
links of course - but then I'd not need a global address either).

cheers,
andrew