IPv6 multihoming

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:31:08 CET 2011

What's the latest take on IPv6 multihoming? There are alot of
documents out there but many of them are a a few years old with alot
of assumptions/suggestions.

According to RIPE the minimum PI allocation is a /48.
http://ripe.net/ripe/policies/proposals/2006-01.html

Most specific prefix we allow when peering is /48. We can also
advertise other ISPs PA ranges. I had a look at Telias lookinglass in
Stockholm, I saw lots of /48s there.

I'm just curious because it seems that there is nothing "official" or
best pratice, so this will break if some ISPs decides to filter on /32
or something.

What's your take on this?

/Roger