IPv6 teredo blackout June 8th

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Wed Feb 2 22:20:29 CET 2011

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 09:21:59PM +0100, Ole Troan wrote:
> everyone with public 6to4 relays stop advertising the IPv4 anycast
> address and 2002::/16 on June 8th.

And then you'll get fun with looong timeouts due to networks originating
traffic towards 6to4 anycast destinations, but having no route and
traffic being sunk in "discard" style nullroutes, not sending back ICMP
unreachables.

I fear we won't get Jeannie back into the bottle on short term, and
trying to do so will be worse than status quo as net result. So
entertaining the ghosts we called for might be the better approach, even
if it means investing resources to ride a dead horse.

Best regards,
Daniel