Bye Bye, V4

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Tue Feb 1 07:12:59 CET 2011

On 1/31/2011 9:16 PM, Garry Glendown wrote:
> Well, looks like we've made it - APNIC got #7 and #6, so we're starting
> the endgame now ... :)
>
> -garry

We were starting the end game a few years ago I think.  ;-)

The March ICANN meeting will be interesting.  I will bet that
they have lined up every newspaper reporter they can find and
in a big showy ceremony, with dancing girls twirling batons,
IANA will hand enormous check-sized posters to each of the
RIR representatives listing the last /8 that they get.

Then each of the RIR's will take a turn at the mic and state
what they predict will be the end date that they will burn
through their last assigned /8

The reporters will write furiously and for about 3 days the
major news organs will dissect the story.

Then everyone will go back to Justin Beiber's haircut and the
entire thing will be forgotten.

Ted