6to4 disabled by default on W7SP1

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Aug 25 23:12:55 CEST 2011

On 25/08/2011 21:38, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> On 2011-08-26 02:00, Ron Broersma wrote:
>> This is not true.  There are no changes to default behavior in W7 SP1.

I stand corrected then.  This is what you get with a sample size of 1. :-|

>> I just verified this with an authority at Microsoft.
>
> Haven't they read RFC 6343 then? I'm upset ;-)
>
> Seriously - afaik this could be done by a vendor in a startup script
> of some kind, or by an IT department that distributes system images
> to users.

In this case not - it was a virgin installation of W7SP1 Enterprise which I
had just downloaded from the Microsoft volume licensing site.  Teredo and
ISATAP interfaces appeared after installation, but not 6to4.  Not sure why,
but there you go.

Nick