Session Checks and IPv6 Privacy Extensions

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Tue Aug 9 17:32:06 CEST 2011

On 08/09/2011 11:15 AM, Gert Doering wrote:

>> It took me a while to figure out why OTRS was logging me out all the
>> time,
>>
> "all the time" is a bit suspicious, tho.  Normally, privacy addresses
> should only be changed every few hours (haven't checked on lion), so
> this should not happen too often.

I'd have to say it was every 30 minutes or so.
> Maybe OTRS chokes on IPv6 addresses?

Nope. Works fine once I set it not to bind the sessions to their IP address.
> (As I said be fore, tieing session handling to IP addresses was already
> a bad idea in the last century...)

Tell me about it. It was one of a million defaults that software has
that I'm still pawing my way through as I find things that generate
sadness and dismay, and resolve them.

-Paul