DHCPv6 still feared and hated at Apple?, was Re: Mac OSX 10.7

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 1 20:34:25 CEST 2011

On 07/22/11 09:18, Sander Steffann wrote:
>>> It does use DHCPv6, but only if the RA has the O or M flag set.
>>
>> right. per RFC... ;-)
>
> Since not all DHCPv6 implementation actually listen to the RA I thought I should point it out ;)
> Sander

Sorry to come late to this thread, but I did some testing with a
freshly-installed copy of Lion (clean install, not upgrade).  DHCPv6
does work as expected as you mention.  I also noticed that
privacy/temporary SLAAC addresses are enabled by default.  Anyone else
seeing that?

Tonight, I am going to test the behavior when I turn off the autoconfig
flag on the prefix announcements.  (I am doing the testing on my home
network.)

Will look forward to Marc's blog entry when it comes out. :)

michael