IPv6 site snapshot

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu Apr 28 22:39:43 CEST 2011

On 04/27/2011 13:25, Jared Mauch wrote:
> 	1) Appears there is a FreeBSD bug with getaddrinfo() when it queries for AAAA when it points to a cname.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=156684&cat=

Ok, according to the discussion on bind-users it seems the deciding
factor should be whether or not a name server error is returned. If not,
then EAI_NONAME is the right answer (for example, with a chain of CNAMEs
that do not end in an AAAA record). If the name server does return an
error (like SERVFAIL or NXDOMAIN) then EAI_FAIL is the right answer. You
can see the reasoning for this in the thread at
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2011-April/083542.html if
you're interested.

In the meantime, I'm going to see who I have to poke to get the bug in
FreeBSD fixed.

Doug

			-- OK Go