Static vs SLAAC - Static expected to be preferred?

Mark Smith nanog at 85d5b20a518b8f6864949bd940457dc124746ddc.nosense.org
Wed Apr 27 23:10:06 CEST 2011

Hi Benedikt,

I think the IETF 6man mailing list might be a better place to discuss
the mechanism - I presented the suggested mechanism here only to provide
some background.

So do you expect that if you configure a static address on a host it'd
be used in preference to any addresses acquired by more automated or
dynamic mechanisms, such as SLAAC or stateful DHCPv6?

Thanks,
Mark.