IPv6 site snapshot

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Apr 26 21:28:01 CEST 2011

So, with the help of Dan Wing, I ran a list of 1 million domains names through dns queries (primarily) and am chasing down a few people that caused trouble with bind.  There's a number of domain names that return SERVFAIL but don't when the google/comcast nameservers are queried.  Not sure if anyone has seen that behavior and tracked it down yet.

I've posted the data here as well:

http://puck.nether.net/~jared/aaaa/

You can ignore the 'failed' part, I ran this from a host that doesn't have IPv6 connectivity due to my own laziness.

There are a fair number of sites that are numbered in link-local, and have mapped-v4 addresses and ::1

Still trying to process my bind logs...

- Jared