Consumer CPE with 6to4 turned on by default

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sun Apr 24 03:45:17 CEST 2011

Thanks for all the feedback.  Here's a summary list of the models and some
comments:

Linksys E2000, E3000, E4200, WRT610N: original firmware had it on, but
latest firmware has 6to4 off or removed
Apple Airport: a batch early on had it on by default, but latest firmware
has it off by default
AVM FRITZ!Box (7390 model): unit's auto-sense mechanism uses it when
everything else fails; may also be when IPv6 is enabled without
configuration.

The good news appears that end-users who have these models can upgrade to
the latest firmware to minimize issues associated with 6to4.  I will
strongly consider communicating to end-users that they upgrade the firmware
on their routers in advance of World IPv6 Day.

Frank