IPv6 in the enterprise

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Mon Apr 18 20:10:52 CEST 2011

I’m the guinea pig, and have the only windows 7 box, but the problem has been reported on this list as well as externally. I’m far from certain the HSRP GUA address is the culprit, but I have not had the problem since the change. What would happen is that my Windows 7 box that had gotten the address via SLAAC would lose the GUA address, but still have the local address. Rebooting the machine, or disabling/reenabling the nic would cause it to re-acquire the GUA. It happened a number of times but I never figured out the exact length of time required (more than a few days).

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039