Consumer CPE with 6to4 turned on by default

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Mon Apr 18 09:07:24 CEST 2011

* Ole Troan

>> What is more crazy about these Linksys routers is their choice of
>> wording. 6to4 is labeled as "Vista Support."
>
> indeed. as far as I have heard there is a Vista logo programme for
> CPE routers that required CPEs to have 6to4 support.

Yep:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463251.aspx

So when trying to find a list of 6to4-capable CPEs, acquiring the list
of the Vista-certified ones would be a good start.

Also, Mark Smith reported a few days ago on this list that the AVM
FRITZ!Box does 6to4 by default (at least the 7390 model).

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com