IPv6 NAT (NAT66) - Implementations?

S.P.Zeidler spz at serpens.de
Mon Apr 18 08:48:27 CEST 2011

Hi,

Thus wrote Gert Doering (gert at space.net):

> I'm wondering what implementations of IPv6-to-IPv6-NAT are out there,
> and what variant of NAT66 they implement - as in "NPT66 prefix translation"
> or "IPv4-style N->1 address-and-port translation".

As already mentioned, pf does NAPT66 and even the version in NetBSD-4 is new
enough to likely do that without undue surprises.

ipfilter NAT accomodates IPv6 addresses, so may do NAPT66 as well.

NetBSD npf is likely to grow NPT66 by ~September. This may come in the
form of a bpf application.

MAP66 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/map66/) is an implementation of an
older version of the NPT66 draft for Linux netfilter.

regards,
	spz
--
spz at serpens.de (S.P.Zeidler)