6to4 sample config?

Garry Glendown garry at nethinks.com
Mon Apr 18 08:29:23 CEST 2011

On 18.04.2011 08:07, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, Garry Glendown wrote:
>
>> even though we have v6 on and active on our network, with
>> v6-addresses handed out to DSL dial-ins that ask for it, I was
>> looking into setting up a 6to4 gateway for the customers that don't
>> use v6-capable CPEs ... is there any sample config available for
>> Cisco gear? I have a 2800 router humming away in one of our racks
>> that could be used exclusively for this ...
>
> Please first make sure you don't have a nice performing 6to4 relay
> close to you, that might actually give your customers a better
> experience than if you run your own on your fairly lowly 2800.
the 2800 is for testing only - plus I don't forsee too much traffic
anyway at the moment, and would always advise our customers to use
native v6 instead of any tunnel solution ... if the load doesn't work
out on the 2800 anymore, I can always switch over to either an NPE-G1
7200, or an ASR 1000 series router ...

Tnx, Garry