Consumer CPE with 6to4 turned on by default

Will D. will at managemydedi.com
Mon Apr 18 06:19:23 CEST 2011

Frank,

The Linksys WRT610N has 6to4 on by default. I heard the WRT310N also has 6to4 enabled but I cannot confirm as I haven't yet had the chance to test it in person.

What is more crazy about these Linksys routers is their choice of wording. 6to4 is labeled as "Vista Support."

Instructions on disabling 6to4 on the WRT610N can be found here > http://willscorner.net/?p=86. It would be interesting to see if the same instructions can be used on the E4200.

On Apr 17, 2011, at 10:35 PM, Frank Bulk wrote:

> Does anyone have a list of CPE with 6to4 turned on by default?  One is the
> Linksys E4200.  I'm looking to have this at my helpdesk's fingertips on
> World IPv6 Day so that if customers call about internet slowness we can
> quickly assist customers.
>
> Frank

Will D.
ManageMyDedi, LLC