removing stateless auto-configured addresses/routes?

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Mon Apr 4 18:00:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> Well, I expect them to make it work. The kernel doesn't clean up
> IPv4 addresses either,

The kernel doesn't set IPv4 addresses.

> I don't see why Network Manager wouldn't clean up IPv6 addresses. If I
> set a static IPv4 address, network manager will clear it upon next
> connect.
>
> I expect them to make this just work.

Actually, it seems like they now do, if not by default.  If you edit the
details for an interface and change the IPv6 settings method from "ignore"
to  "automatic", it cleans out the stale address as soon as you disconnect.
It seems like network-manager just ignores IPv6 by default.  Maybe that
default ought to be reviewed.

Gavin