I-D Action:draft-azinger-scalable-addressing-00.txt

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Tue Sep 28 16:58:43 CEST 2010

I'm trying to wrap my brain around how PA space is going to be "better" than PI space.  Follow my potentially flawed logic.

- I have a /32 that I announce through my various upstreams - no more specifics, just one /32.
- I get a /48 from my upstream out of their /32.  I announce my /48 through my various providers
- I pressure my provider into announcing my /48 as well for traffic engineering
- Now we have a /32 and a /48 in the table.
- Rinse, repeat

How is this better?  Is it really anyone's assumption that I should be forced into a one-upstream solution and that I would find that acceptable?

Regards,

Mike